Friday, May 05, 2006

Following a tornado...

When I saw him, he was a towering giant,

Immense in strength and nothing to stop him,

He brought drastic change in lives of all people around him,

Just as a tornado changes a whole city,

Little did I know it would change my life in the same drastic way,

I followed unquestioningly, for years, not knowing where he led me,

Venturing wherever he went,

Ever uncomfortable to step into unknown territory,

Not knowing what to expect, or what lies ahead,

There was no place for thought, only space for action.

He then disappeared into the vast emptiness of space,

Just as night disappears when the sun dawns,

I saw my whole world crumbling,

Not knowing where to go, I stood amidst the ruins,

Confused and lost, I was a dethroned king

Standing amidst the ashes of my palace

Agonizingly trying to bring it back to life

I stared in disbelief at the ruins and what had led me to it,

A single choice it had been….

Realization dawned, I had been mislead,

All those years of ignorance proved to be expensive,

More expensive than years of education!!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

wow! super one maga! as they say "I was born intelligent, but education ruined me!" :D